It’s National Houseplant Appreciation Day on January 10th!
If you don’t already own a houseplant, now is the perfect time to spruce up your home with one or two! Plants are known to purify the air in our homes, can absorb harmful toxins, and increase the humidity in your space which can be helpful in the dry winter months. In addition to being living decor pieces, studies have shown that they can benefit one’s mental health and boost our moods. Here are five low-maintenance plants you may want to check out.
- ZZ Plant: This enchanting plant requires watering only once a month, so if you’re looking for low-maintenance, look no more! Able to survive in any light level and is easy to propagate when it outgrows its space.
- Aloe Mitriformis: This plant species needs bright light and minimal watering to survive. Leave it on your sunny windowsill and watch it thrive.
- Arrowhead Vine: Get into a “Water Wednesday” routine with this plant as it needs a drink of water every week. It will grow happily without maintenance and you can trim it easily if you desire. Keep it in bright, indirect light.
- Pothos: This classic plant will add some beautiful greenery to your home and with it being low-maintenance and growing in most lighting conditions, you can’t go wrong! Give it a drink once a week to keep it happy.
- Sansevieria: Also known as a “snake plant,” this plant needs minimal water and is not picky when it comes to light levels. This gorgeous plant stands tall and brings so much green to a room.