With temperatures rising, now is the time to shift your focus to the exterior of your home. Instead of snow there is unruly grass which requires regular mowing. Here is a checklist to help you make the most of summer maintenance.
- First, take a walk around your yard and clear all the clutter away. Take the time to rake any leaves, twigs or branches that may have fallen and continue to work in your garden
- During the long winter months homes will inevitably see grime build up. A power wash is the best option to help clean this grime off your exterior. Only use a power washer on the exterior of a home if it is made of vinyl. Power washers are great for porches, decks and driveways, so be sure to hit those spots with your power washer.
- Be sure to check the roof of your home and clear off anything that has accumulated to avoid issues down the road.
- As you regularly mow your lawn, remember to use a weed whacker. If you have a large patch of weeds, you may consider using a weed killer where necessary.
- Thoroughly wash your windows and windowpanes to remove any buildup and allow more light into your home.
- If you notice any exterior home paint peeling, you may consider repainting the exterior (if you own your home) and letting your community manager know about it (if you lease your home).
- Be sure to clean off your patio furniture and sweep your deck regularly.
We hope you enjoyed these tips that are sure to make your home look its best this summer. Once your home looks its best, make sure to invite friends and family over for a barbeque!